If you live in Florida, you spend a lot of money on air conditioning all year long. You hope that your air conditioner is running at maximum efficiency, but this simply is not possible if you don’t take care of it. Here’s how you can take better care of your air conditioner and save money on your monthly energy bills.
Changing the Filter
Changing the filter regularly is key to the air conditioner’s continued performance and efficiency levels. When your air filter has too much dust and debris lodged in the media, the air cannot flow into the system very easily. This means your fan will work overtime trying to suck in enough air, and the system will use a lot of energy.
Changing the filter is easy:
- Locate the filter at a return grille in your home or at the indoor portion of the air conditioner.
- Remove the filter. It typically slides right out.
- Replace the filter with one that is the same size; you can find sizing information in your AC manual. Arrows often indicate which side goes up.
Scheduling Professional Maintenance
Professional air conditioning maintenance visits can help to prevent your cooling system from using up so much energy. When your air conditioner runs throughout the year, as it does in Jacksonville, it’s bound to collect some dirt, and some of the parts may become worn down to the point that the system is forced to use more energy than it typically needs to.
With maintenance, a technician cleans, adjusts, and inspects many of the components of your air conditioning system, a process which helps to put the parts back into good condition so that your air conditioner can operate smoothly for the summer. Some notes about AC maintenance:
- We recommend scheduling maintenance twice a year.
- If a repair is necessary, you may have to schedule service for another year.
- You can save money by joining a maintenance program!
Call the air conditioning experts at AC Designs Inc. for air conditioning maintenance services in Ortega and the surrounding areas in Jacksonville, FL. We will deliver above your expectations!