In Jacksonville, FL, a new AC means long-term protection against the heat and humidity of the summer. It pays to use trained and certified air conditioning technicians to install your new unit for you. But before he rolls up his sleeves and gets to work, you should know what to ask your technician about the installation process and the air conditioning unit in general.
- How long will the installation take? The technician should be able to give you a basic timeframe for installing your new unit, so you know what to expect and how to schedule your day around the installation.
- Are there different steps to the installation process? You probably don’t need a blow-by-blow breakdown, but the technician can explain the basic stages of the installation process to you.
- Will you take care of the disposal of my old air conditioning unit? Air conditioners contain refrigerant, which needs to be properly handled and disposed of. Some installation services remove and properly dispose of your old unit for you, but you should know before the work starts.
- Are there ways I can help maintain my new air conditioning, such as changing filters? A few simple preventative steps will help keep your new air conditioning working like new for a long time. This is also a good opportunity to schedule any regular maintenance calls with your technician.
- What does my air conditioning warranty cover? Go over the warranty with your technician point by point, so you understand what exactly is covered and how you can address any problems that may arise.
- Are there signs of faulty operation I should look out for? With a new air conditioning system, you shouldn’t have any problems at all, but sooner or later, trouble may arise. It helps to spot signs of trouble early: strange noises, low air flow, rapid cycling on and off, and an inability to blow cool air.
If you’re looking for a new air conditioning installation service in Jacksonville, FL, give the experts at AC Designs Inc. a call. We will go through the process of installation with you and answer any questions you may have.