A heating and air conditioning system is one of those pieces of equipment that we all take for granted and expect to be working to cool or warm our home whenever we need it. However, like all pieces of equipment, HVAC systems are susceptible to issues every now and again. One of the more troublesome problems that homeowners may face is a lack of adequate heating. To further complicate matters, this lack of heating may occur after a summer season where the air conditioning worked just fine.
Troubleshooting Heating Problems
Heating problems should be addressed fast to ensure optimal home comfort during the cooler months, and while you may need a professional to resolve your issues, chances are a lack of proper heating boils down to one of the following:
- Lack of power: Whether it’s something as simple as turning on the power breaker or a little more complex, like troubleshooting wiring issues, your HVAC system not getting the right amount of energy is a leading cause of heating problems.
- Leaks in ductwork: Leaks in ducts can cause much of the heat to exit the system before it even has a chance to disperse throughout your home. Sealing leaky ducts won’t just improve your heating, but it will also decrease your energy bills.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: The thermostat essentially tells your HVAC system what to do and if it’s not working correctly, neither will your heating and cooling. Troubleshooting a faulty thermostat can be difficult, so it is better to have an HVAC professional do it for you.
- Damaged blower motor: The blower motor is a key cog to your HVAC system, as it helps move warm air through the ducts and to the vents in your home. If it’s not working properly, it may need to be serviced or replaced.
- Clogged duct: Whether it’s a dirty filter, dust and debris, or even an animal that has nested in your ductwork, each can impede proper airflow. Changing your filter is an easy DIY task, but a duct cleaning may be necessary to remove any debris that may be causing problems.
Ensure your unit is ready to take on the cold by scheduling winter maintenance of the system. The technicians at A/C Designs are professionally trained to resolve your issues and restore your HVAC system to its peak operating potential. If you are concerned that your unit is not heating properly, contact us today.