Not all AC unit warranties are created equally. At AC Designs, our 10-Year Parts and Labor Warranty is one of the best warranties on the market. Taking steps to protect your AC warranty is always a good idea. But understanding the details of your AC warranty like what it covers and its duration, is crucial to keep it protected. Find out what you can expect from your warranty below.
Benefits of Purchasing an AC Unit Warranty
We understand that AC units and repairs are expensive. But especially in the sunshine state, they are important to stay comfortable year-round. That is why AC companies, like AC Designs, offer warranties to protect your investment.
Most new air conditioners come with a manufacturer warranty already. But the company installing them may also offer their own labor warranty. These ensure quality AC maintenance from the day you make the purchase, through installation, for future repairs and beyond.
Additional air conditioning warranties for equipment cover faulty part malfunctions and failures. If your system quits because of a manufacturer error and that part is still under warranty, it will likely be replaced by the manufacturer for free.
Choosing the Right Warranty
With so many companies fighting for your business, take the time you need to sift through all the information regarding their warranties. Before signing anything, ask these questions that could save you time and money:
- How long does the warranty last? The average AC unit lasts between 10 and 15 years. You will want to confirm that the warranty lasts for a significant period of the AC unit’s lifespan, but does not go over the average timespan.
- Is there a warranty processing fee? Sometimes manufacturers will charge you for any paperwork, even if the warranty covers the part you need.
- What could void the warranty? This is one of the most important sections of the warranty to read. Depending on the warranty, these four small steps will keep your warranty from being voided.
- Choosing to work with a qualified AC company
- Registering your AC unit after installation
- Scheduling annual AC maintenance
- Using trusted products for your AC unit repairs.
- What does the warranty cover? Labor? Equipment? Both? Most warranties will cover one or the other. Do your research before making any commitments.
AC Designs has one of the best AC warranties in the industry. When comparing AC Designs to other companies’ warranties, you’ll notice one big difference between them. AC Designs covers parts and labor when most others only include parts. Choosing the AC Designs warranty gets you 10 years of exceptional service on your AC unit’s parts and labor.
Ways to Protect Your AC Warranty
All of the fine print is exhausting. However, it is imperative that you read the entire warranty to ensure you understand what could void your contract. While scanning the document, take note of anything that may not make sense to you. Ask questions in order to understand the exact terms and details of your warranty.
After purchasing your warranty, the last thing you want is your manufacturer declining to cover a repair. If you feel confused or uninformed, don’t stay quiet. Instead, gain clarity on your contract to avoid breaking the terms of your warranty and continue to get the parts and labor you paid for.
While all warranties are different, here are some of the most common ways people break their warranties. Avoiding these will help you protect your air conditioning warranty:
- Not registering the product as directed
- Hiring a technician who installs the unit improperly
- Failing to schedule/perform routine AC maintenance
- Throwing away receipts/documentation that prove maintenance was performed
- Using parts not approved by the warranty on their unit
One of the best ways to keep your warranty protected is by working with a qualified HVAC company that employs NATE-certified technicians. This will help ensure that your unit is installed and maintained properly.
Choosing the right warranty comes down to asking questions to stay informed on all terms and conditions. Know what to expect from your AC warranty so you know how to handle any issues that may arise. Protect yours today with AC Designs, professional HVAC company in Jacksonville, FL. Call AC Designs to schedule your bi-annual maintenance.